Oregon Wine A-List Awards FAQs
Q: What is the nomination period?
A: The Oregon Wine A-List nomination period for the 2015 awards is Sept. 1, 2014 – Nov. 30, 2014.
Q: When are the winners notified?
A: The winners will be notified by early February 2015. The official announcement will be made at the Oregon Wine Symposium awards dinner on Feb. 24, 2015.
Q: Who decides the award winners?
A: Winners are chosen by a committee comprised of the sponsor organizations (Oregon Wine Press and the Oregon Wine Board) as well as key members of the Oregon wine industry.
Q: What are the benefits of receiving an award?
Receiving an Oregon Wine A-List Award is an important public recognition that the recipient is an influential champion of Oregon wine. An Oregon Wine A-List Award guides wine-loving consumers to the winning restaurant for a distinctive Oregon wine experience.
Winners of the 2015 Oregon Wine A-List Awards will be widely recognized through publicity in a number of channels including:
- Recognition at the Oregon Wine Symposium awards dinner in February
- Joint press release distributed by the co-sponsors (Oregon Wine Press and Oregon Wine Board
- Featured on the websites, email lists, and social media posts of:
- Oregon Wine Board
- Oregon Wine Press
- Oregon Wine A-List Awards Program
- Oregon travel and tourism organizations
- Regional wine associations
- Print advertising in appropriate publications (media plan TBD)
In addition, you can promote your business year round as an Oregon Wine A-List honoree using:
- Window cling that can displayed to promote recognition at place
of a business
- Digital badge for website and social media
- Graphic element for use in printed materials
Q: Who can submit a nomination for an award?
A: Anyone can submit a restaurant or person to be considered for an Oregon Wine A-List Award. You can even nominate yourself!
Q: What is the cost to submit a nomination?
A: There is no cost to submit a nomination.
Q: Do selected restaurants or people need to pay anything in order to receive recognition?
A: No, the Oregon Wine A-List Awards are intended only to recognize and promote the best-of-the-best in Oregon and beyond. The sponsors do not receive any financial consideration from the winners or any other groups.
For any other questions about the Oregon Wine A-List Awards, please call the Oregon Wine Board at 503.228.8336.