The second annual Southern Oregon Wine Marketing & Sales Conference, also known as SoWine 2, is set for June 14, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the OSU/Jackson County Extension Service Auditorium in Central Point.
The conference, presented by the Southern Oregon Wine Institute at Umpqua Community College, will include a variety of speakers and presentations, including: “Building a Winning Marketing and Sales Plan” given by Dixie Huey of Trellis Wine Consulting (Vancouver, Wash.); “Design Matters” by Richard Roberts of Palazzo Creative (Seattle); “Wine Competitions, Scores and Reviews” by Sheila Nicholas of Anam Cara Cellars and Nicholas Communications (Newberg); “Powerful Email Marketing Strategies and Tactics” by Terry Miller of CRM Group (Redmond, Wash.); “Wine Social Media 101” by Jeffrey Kingman of Chalkboarder (Portland); “Advanced Social Media” by Paula Caudill of Abacela (Roseburg) and Christine Collier of Southern Oregon Wine Blog, Long Story Short Cellars and Troon Vineyard; “Basics of Selling Wine Online” by Josh Bradley of Shop Dragon (Ashland); and “Maximizing Your Wine Club” by Carole Stevens of Folin Cellars (Gold Hill).
The luncheon speaker will be Jeanette Morgan, executive director of the Oregon Wine Board, Oregon Winegrowers Association and TOWER (Trust for Oregon Wine Education and Research).
Conference sponsors are Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, U.S. Bank, American Family Insurance and CCL Label.
SoWine 2 is supported by the Rogue Valley Winegrowers Association, Southern Oregon Winery Association, Umpqua Valley Winegrowers Association, Southern Oregon Visitors Association and OSU/Jackson County Extension Service.
Tickets are $40 and include breakfast and lunch. Registration is limited to 100 people and can be completed at www.sowicellars.com/events.
OSU/Jackson County Extension Service Auditorium is located at569 Hanley Rd., Central Point.
For more information, contact Allison Priestley 541-440-SOWI.
Southern Oregon Wine Institute presents Marketing & Sales Conference on June 14
A low-cost ($40), full-day seminar featuring expert speakers and an opportunity to share marketing and sales ideas with representatives of Southern Oregon wineries, vineyards, retailers, distributors and vendors/suppliers. Continental breakfast and lunch included.
- Building a Winning Marketing & Sales Plan
- Design Matters: logos, wine labels, packaging, POP, websites and more
- Wine Competitions, Scores & Reviews: Making the most of them
- Luncheon Speakers: Jeanette Morgan, executive director, and Stephany Boettner, communications director, Oregon Wine Board
- Powerful Email Marketing Strategies & Tactics
- Wine Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, review sites)
- Advanced Wine Social Media (breakout session limited to 25 participants)
- Basics of Selling Wine Online
- Maximizing Your Wine Club (breakout session limited to 25 participants)