Just Stop it Already!
1. OXO Steel Wine Stopper/Pourer Push down the soft, comfortable lever, and the bottle is sealed for short-term storage. Lift the lever up, and the seal is opened for drip-free pouring. Wine is also aerated while it is poured out of the wide spout. $10.95; Kitchen Kaboodle (five Portland locations); www.kitchenkaboodle.com
2. Green Valve Wine Stopper For the wine lover who loves to garden, this wine stopper is a charming conversation starter and an effective closure. Handwashing recommended. The black silicone gasket around stopper base is removable with effort. $19.95; www.etsy.com/shop/jeenoVINO
3. A Date With Wine Stopper New York-based designer George Lee, founder of le mouton noir & co., has created a very useful wine stopper. Twistable date rings help users remember when they have opened the bottle, allowing for better decision-making when it comes to whether or not the wine is still drinkable. $45; www.shop.gessato.com
4. Iridescent Flamed Venetian Wine Stopper The iridescent quality comes from the firing of a special finish on the glass after it has been blown. The finish provides a vibrant pattern reminiscent of mother of pearl and is similar to the Favrile-style finish seen in Tiffany lamps. Handmade in Murano, Italy. $34; www.venetianglassart.com
5. Saint & Sinner Wine Stoppers Whether you’re feeling devilish or angelic, show your good sense of humor with these chrome-plated stoppers. The whole in the center holds the original cork. $25; Dapper Frog, 110 S.W. Seventh St., Dundee; www.dapperfrog.com
6. Imm Living Best Year Chinese Zodiac Wine Stopper Whether you were born in the year of the rabbit, the pig or any creature in between, the 12-year cycle means you can preserve up to a dozen bottles of wine at a time. Made from resin and reusable, high-quality cork. Designed by Willie Tsang. Available in plum and black. $15 each; www.sfmoma.stores.yahoo.net
7. Door Knob Wine Stopper This weathered wine stopper features a real doorknob. A vintage painting process offers customers the option of three colors: cornflower blue, pistachio green and barn red. Size, ring design and color will vary. No two are exactly alike. $32; www.shop.knobstoppers.com